The Webb House is an elegant example of early American architecture. Built in the late eighteenth century in what is now Greenport, it is believed to have served as an inn. Webb House was moved in the first part of the nineteenth century from its original site to the King’s Highway (now Route 25) where it was used as a farmhouse. In 1955 it was moved again – this time by barge – to Orient and became part of the Oysterponds Historical Society in the 1980s.