Once a wing of a house near the Orient Village Cemetery (across from the current Oysterponds Elementary School), this small building was used as a private school, taught by Miss Amanda Brown, beginning in 1862. Later, the main house to which the school was joined was moved, and this remaining section served as a tea-room and gift shop. In 1939, the schoolhouse was moved to the grounds of the Orient Point Inn and subsequently moved to the OHS campus in 1971.