Built in 1891, the Hallock building served as a cookhouse and dormitory for workers on the large Hallock Farm in Orient. Acquired by the Society and moved to its present site in 1960, the structure has been restored and now contains the Donald H. Boerum Research Library and an archival research center, both open to the public by appointment only. Hallock Building also currently houses most of the Society’s collections as well as offices for the Curator and Collections Manager.